Birchington is a delightful seaside town in beautiful Kent.
Situated on the North Kent coast and within easy reach of London, picturesque Canterbury and the seaside towns of Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate,
Access Statement for Raleigh Cottage
Our self catering cottage is a detached property built in approximately 1900. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
- We have a basic website (www.birchingtonholidays.co.uk) and are also listed on www.visitbritain.com and www.tripadvisor.com
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via telephone, post or e-mail.
- The nearest bus stop is approximately 100m (2 minutes) up the road
- The nearest train station (Birchington-on-Sea) is adjacent to the bus stop.
- The taxi office is situated in a small parade of shops near the station.
- Luggage can be unloaded at the front of the cottage
- There is on street parking at the front with a dropped kerb.
- There is a gravel driveway which provides off-road parking for one vehicle and is enclosed by a gate.
- The entrance at the front has one step – 6cm high, 85cm wide and 68cm deep. The threshold step is 20cm high. The door is 74cm wide and hinged on the right.
- The entrance at the rear has entry from the street via a side gate and a concrete path approximately 8m long. The door is 74cm wide and hinged on the left.
Mrs Jill Edwards, The Band Box, 79 Station Road, Birchington, Kent, CT7 9RE.
01843 841101 (day) 01843 841764 (eve)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local public transport numbers:
Bus 08702 433711
Train 08457 484950
- Local accessible taxi numbers:
Thanet Cars 01843 845845
- Local Tourist Information Centre:
- Inside the front entrance is a hexagonal shaped hallway 1.5m wide with lounge, dining room and kitchen radiating from it.
- Inside the rear door is the conservatory which leads to the kitchen.
- The dining room may be accessed from the hall (door width 68cm) or the conservatory (door width 74cm).
- Table (moveable)– legs on each corner, 62cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace), 120cm long, 90cm wide and 72cm high
- There is lots of free space in this room.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 6 chairs which have no arms.
- Carpeted floor
- Accessed through the central hallway the door width is 68cm
- Parquet floor with large rug covering free space in centre of room
- Two settees are provided with plenty of comfortable cushions available.
- Flat Screen Television with Freeview and remote control provided. DVD, VHS, stereo with CD and tape also provided.
- Telephone has large handset and numbers for those with visual impairment
- Kitchen entrance 68cm from hallway and 70cm from conservatory.
- Worktop height 93cm, sink is incorporated in worktop.
- Oven door opens to left, height of lowest shelf 52cm
- Hob is 93cm high
- Table provided is 76cm high with under space of 68cm
- Tiled floor
- At least 1.5 metres free space between all furniture and worktops
- Evenly lit kitchen
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Fridge freezer provided, highest shelf in fridge 62cm and lowest drawer in freezer 90cm
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size front loading washing machine in the kitchen. Washing line in garden is 2m high; the height may be altered slightly by moving the prop.
- Entrance 68cm from kitchen and 75cm from rear external door.
- Several chairs provided with arms
- Tiled floor
- Free space approximately 1m by 4m
- Stair case of 15 steps with landing halfway (86cm by 76cm). Steps are 18cm high, 24cm deep and 68cm wide.
- Handrail on right hand side of the stairs
- Short pile carpet from stairs and throughout first floor (not bathroom)
- Main landing 1.8metres by 1.2metres.
- All bedrooms are upstairs
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are poly-cotton
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided in each room
- Anti- microbial pillows
- First double room: Bed height 52cm, width 128cm. Space either side of bed 60cm and 1m with a 60cm space between the foot of the bed and the furniture.
- Twin room: Twin beds (moveable), measuring 58cm high by 90cm wide. Total space possible between beds is 1.1 metres. Free space clear of doors or furniture 1.2 by 1.5 metres.
- Second double Room: Bed height 52cm, width 138cm. Free space in room is 1.6 metres by 1.1 metres.
Moderately sized grassed garden which incorporates a patio area with a slightly uneven surface (crazy paving).